Sunday evening. Wow, what a weekend.
1. Big MTB trail event at work on Friday, dedicated a trail to the memory of Chris Funk, huge bonfire and night time MTB ride.
2. Saturday, was all about trying to get my bike working after my FAIL at the GNCC race.
3. Sunday morning, I put together about 15 sponsor packets for the Vesrah Suzuki Offroad team.
4. Sunday, rode the RMZ 250 at some killer trails, that are just 30 miles from my house. Yippeee!!!
5. Sunday evening, washed motorcycles and bicycles. Yep.
So that pretty much sums up the weekend. Yes, it is pretty lame that in my book that constitutes a good weekend. But, alas it does.
On Friday we dedicated a trail at work to Chris Funk. Chris died last year, after battling brain cancer for years. We all still miss him. So, we took the most popular trail at the Trek Trails (Trad) and put up a monument on a rock to Chris and renamed the trail Funk. We installed the monument and had Chris’s wife Brandi out to show it to her. Chris’s parents were in town and they came out as well.
It is really apropos as he was one of the most popular people at Trek and that is the most popular trail out there. Now, every time I blitz down that trail – I can say hello to Chris as I terrorize his trail.
Glad I knew you Chris, we all still miss you.
After that memorial event, we did a fun TT, drank a bunch of beer, burned a bunch of things in a huge bonfire and then did some night riding and then drank some more beer. It was huge fun.
Liz and I were going to camp out at the trails, but we failed that. No real excuse, other than it was cold. Oh well, next year.
On Saturday, I worked on my motorcycle and found out that the slide was bad and all gonked up. I did figure it out, but I am embarrassed that it was so nasty inside that carb. That will not happen again.
On Sunday, I went riding at some trails on Bob Kau’s land. In a nutshell. HOLY SHIT THOSE TRAILS KICK ASS!!! Me, Brian Terry, John Buechner. Brian got a new Bike! He bought a LARGE full size bike. He says 250’s are for pussys, so he got a 450. Dang, he is fast on it.
So, a few more rides, maybe another race or 2 and then old man winter will be here. It will be just training in the gym and counting the days till the first race. Ugh…
Oh well, here goes