Summer break is a long time. A lot has changed, so let’s get started.
During the break, I did some bicycle racing and some decent training, but mostly I just felt like I got fat. Fat is not good. Makes you feel fat. Not like “Hey I am Phat!”, but more like oh god my pants feel tight. I always have wondered what it was like to wear really tight girl pants, now I know.
Time to get back after it all.
A few things have happened
– I sold one of my RM250’s.
– I have been riding the RMZ, and that thing kicks butt. I am going to rebuild the other RM250 as the Ricky Carmichael replica that it started life as, and sell it off. I do not think I will be riding anything but that RMZ – it is that good. Also means that I will have a bunch of RM parts to get rid of on here and on Ebay.
– I am adicted to FRS. If you haven’t tried it, do. OMG!
– I am listening right now to David Lee Roth, minus Van Halen. I know that is wonked, but I am doing it anyway.
– I finished my garage. It rocks. If it is empty later today, I will post up some photo’s.
– The coffee is good this morning.
So, yesterday… Scott and I got off our butts and rode.
We slid up to Dyracuse in the rain. The skies parted as we arrived and it turned out to be the most epic day of dirt ever. I suppose it has been super dry there all summer, and the sand became the really dense loam that added up to being the most fun you can have.
I mean, you could not have designed better dirt. That place is great and all, but sometimes when you show up it is just powdery sand. This is the time that you dream about. The dirt that keeps you coming back hoping to find it again.
That is the MX track when we were leaving even. mmm…
Suited up like the nervous dorks that we are. 15 minutes after arriving, we were taking a look at the loop. Dyracuse park has purchased another 300+ acres adjacent to the park. We added a ton of new singletrack in that new area to our loop. The loop if now over 20 minutes long. Holy Cow! 20 minutes! You still get to know it and it can become redundant. But, when you say to yourself “Ok, one more.” You better mean it.
I felt really good. I would say that I am ready to roll. The second half of the season is here.
– Crystal Falls D16 race.
– Valders WIXC race.
– Long Lake D16 race.
– Dresser D16 race.
– Rhinelander WIXC race.
– Dyracuse D16/WIXC race.
– Crawfordsville GNCC
– OMA “The Race”
Not a bad way to kick the season to the curb. Not ready for this one to be over, but ready to get back to racing.
I love the chaos of the first turn.