– Scott and I are loaded up in the van, and heading south. 3 motorcycles, a bunch of gear, coolers, stuff to test etc…
– We have left the snow.
– There is dirt showing on the road south through Illinois and then into Missouri.
– We have been training hard.
– We are getting text messages from our motorcycle friends around the country. Shane Nalley today, Mat Herrington, Ty Davis. The motorcycle world is moving.
– JD Friebel is loaded up and heading south to the National Enduro in Florida.
– We are only heading to Missouri. Not to Florida for the first GNCC race.
– We will be riding and testing a ton, but we will not be racing.
– Mat is heading to the Florida GNCC, Shane Nalley is there already and claiming that Charlie Mullins is going to win. Nothing wrong with Shane’s opinion that Charlie will win, in fact that is good.
Good Luck Mat!
So things begin. The crazy part is that when Scott and I first started all of this we both felt it was fine to start riding in April. April is when the snow would go away, April is when Dyracuse will open. April is when the sandy MX track near Janesville would be open. Etc…
But, April is not early enough now. You just cannot start riding in April and then plow right into racing in May. It will all be here soon enough, but just not yet.
So, Scott has a 144 to try to come to terms with while we are there. Me, I am just familiarizing myself with my bike again. I do have 2 different pipes to try, and 2 different spacers between the carb and the cylinder etc… But, mostly I am just excited about riding my bike for 7 or 8 hours this weekend.
For dinner on the way down, we stoped at… you guessed it – Quizno’s. Because as everyone knows, Quizno’s is way better than Subway. Why would you stop at Subway, when google maps on your trusty cell phone will find a Quizno’s for you. I mean, they are not just sandwich makers there, they are sandwich artists. I mean they have that oven thing right there on the counter! Dang.